Tuesday, May 27, 2008

London, last day

I've been in London for 4 days now. It's been pretty good. I've been to Harrods, Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace, St. James Park, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden (shopping) oh and Big Ben and the Parliament. London is definitely a busy city - a little similar to Glasgow in that regard, actually. I can see how Glasgow is the second largest shopping area in the UK.

I was surprised by how close a lot of things are. I walked from my hotel to Harrods, then to Hyde park and through Kensington Gardens. Then back to the hotel. Then I took the train to piccadilly and walked south through Trafalgar Sq into the parks and to Buckingham palace and Westminster and the Parliament. I didn't realize I was so close to the river there. Oops. I was exhausted by then anyway and took the train back to the hotel.

I haven't seen the Tower of London yet which kinda sucks. It was one of the things I wanted to see. I have seen a lot of the Tube. It really isn't that hard to get around on, but it can be packed - especially during holiday weekends. As was Piccadilly - holy people!

The last 2 days it's been rainy and windy so not real great. My rain jacket has been put to good use between Edinburgh and London. But now I'm off to my last hotel.

No comments: